Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Entourage - Season 1




I have found a new show that I love!!! Entourage on HBO. Yes I know that it is like 7 or 8 season into the series but I don't get HBO so I've never had a change to watch it. With summer starting and all the regular shows going on hiatus, I needed to find something to watch. I decided that a new summer tradition of mine is to Netflix an entire series during the summer and find something new and exciting to watch. I did this last year with Ugly Betty. And I fell in love with the show. Only to have it be canceled on me this season :(

So I chose Entourage to watch this summer. The show is loosely based on the early stages of Mark Wahlberg career and he is one of the Executive Producers. The show focuses on Vincent Chase this new up and coming actor and his childhood friends taking advantage of the new life Vince is leading.

There is his brother, Johnny "Drama" Chase who is kind of a washed up actor at this point. He use to be a pretty big star. Matt Dillion plays this character.

Eric Murphy, his best friend and "manager". He picks the movies Vince is going to be in, deals with his agent and his publicist. Kevin Connelly plays Eric, who reminds me of a young Michael J. Fox.

Turtle, Vince's trusty side kick. He is defiantly loving Vince's popularity. Played by Jerry Ferrara.

And then there is Vince's agent, Ari Gold who is played by Jeremy Pivan. Ari is an asshole but a really good agent.

The dynamics of the 5 characters is amazing. Each one brings something different to the show and I love it! Eric is the serious one, Drama and Turtle are always trying to network and get something which usually lands them in trouble, and Vince is just going with the flow.

After his first movie, Head On was a hit, he needs to pick a new project. Ari wants him to do another big screen blockbuster, but Eric thinks the movie is crap and instead has him read an independent screenplay called Queens Blvd. Vince loves Queen's Blvd, and trusts Eric's opinion. Also it doesn't hurt that they all grew up in Queens, NY. Ari is very hesitant to let him do the movie, but finally gives in. The 1st season ends with Vince, Drama, and Turtle boarding a plane to NY for a couple months to film the movie. Eric is on the outs because he has demanded that he become Vince's manager for real. Get paid a percentage and everything. Vince just wants things to stay the same. But the show ends with Vince and Eric coming to an agreement and Eric hoping on the play with the rest of the guys.

I can't wait to get Season 2 in the mail. This show is a must see!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're enjoying it...I've always meant to watch this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really show get it a try! I love all the guys! The show really makes me laugh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete